Headlight unit and cleaning.

Builder49

Gave her a quick clean today, first time since purchasing, and so you get to see all the faults that you dont spot under the dust from the journmey home. I used 'Meguiars Gold Class' for this basic wash, having first hosed her down as the forum suggests. Also used a wash mit not a sponge (so proves I read the forum) :lol:

Noticed before washing that the headlamp units have a few bad scratches and cracks, so these are going to need replacement at some point (cost and recommendations gratefully received). Also noticed the Glass/perspex was very dull and cloudy so did a quick temporary fix to shine them up, knowing I couldn't do any major damage as I would be replacing them anyway!!! So I used Brasso padding.......... and seems to have worked a treat :teeth: At least I can see the bulbs now!

Hopefully pics attached (after pics only unfortunately), if you look carefully you might see the scratches and cracks?

P1010053.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010055.jpg

First pic shows a crack in the nearside light, second pic show scratches and fracturing in the offside light, third pic shows the clear shiny finish of the brasso and the Meguiars !! (I guess this stuff is ok for a quick wash? )

Paul.

The facelift headlights are better (improvement on distance and brightness) but can be expensive, they look B) though. Your best bet for either pre facelift or facelift headlights is to speak to ZMANALEX another trader on here or see if there are any on eBay. :thumbs:

Cheers, I'll keep an eye on them, although wouldn't know where to start checking out the wiring !

The wiring may be ok, might be an idea to remove one of yours and compare the wiring to the photos if thats possible.

Also these ones but I'm not 100% sure on fitment for these, the connectors may be different to the UK ones, but I'm sure ZMANALEX would be able to answer this question for you. They would look B) on a Black Zed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/03-05-Nissan- ... 58932084eb

Cheers, I'll keep an eye on them, although wouldn't know where to start checking out the wiring !

The wiring may be ok, might be an idea to remove one of yours and compare the wiring to the photos if thats possible.

Also these ones but I'm not 100% sure on fitment for these, the connectors may be different to the UK ones, but I'm sure ZMANALEX would be able to answer this question for you. They would look B) on a Black Zed

Cheers Steve.

Really like the look of these lights, but its a job to know what they would look like in the car (dont know what others think). Maybe someone will know if these are fully compatible, they are for the american market I guess?

Wish they were automatic like my Navara..... Keep forgetting to turn the damned things on !!! :lol:

Remember, the Americans drive on the opposit side of the road so beam correction required. ;)

Hi, I already asked the question as i fancied a set of these. The seller stated they are for the american market and therefore 'beam correction' would be required. Would be nice if it said that in the add :wacko: