Speediest Z on the planet

Plummerman

Hiya folks

I'm in need of some assistance with me only a week old Lady :shrug:

I was sat at some lights earlier and the speedo starts shooting upto 180 :wacko: I wish I was doing that but I've not had a flux capacitor fitted yet.. :lol: the trip comp was going wild as well

Any ideas please?

I had similar on my clocks.

the alarming thing was the mileage was ticking up too because it thought I was doing 180.

It only did it when hot outside on mine.... I presumed the sun through the windscreen was heating the clocks

Is yours a JDM car with a speedo converter on?

Mine was and although I never put it down to the converter I would remove that first to prove a point. I did resolder my joints but it made no difference although I never did replace the converter.

failing that and my solution was a new set of clocks I'm afraid, I took the chance to convert to UK clocks so it wasn't too bad for me in the end and I got some at a good price.

I would guess it was caused by a dry joint somewhere that's affected by the heat but I didn't have time to inspect my clocks in that much detail.

Hope this helps.

Kev