New Brakes & Panties!

haylabamba

For those of you not old enought to remember, the subject header is a nod towards an Ian Dury album. However.....

The real purpose of the post is to give people a nod towards a potential brake set up if your thinking of renewing.

My discs were badly pitted (long boring story) and I needed to replace. After some conversations with people on here and lots of reading, CS provide me with a set of the new EBC Optimax discs with Yellostuff pads and HEL braided lines (in a natty orange!). I also picked up some Motul brake fluid from Opie Oils.

I got a local garage to fit everything for me after a long chat with them about ensuring the hubs were super clean before fitting. I then used the information from a "sticky" on here about bedding in (one posted by ZMANALEX). To be honest, I was really apprehensive given the amount of horror stories on here about post fitting problems.

I am delighted to say that the set up is fantastic. Not a single squeak, noise, judder and after bedding in the stopping power is phenomenal.

Huge thanks to CS for putting up with my inane and constant questioning and for supplying everything so quickly.

Happy man :teeth::teeth: