Post purchase inspection results.

Builder49

Took her in yesterday for a post purchase check over with my local little garage, just to make sure there were no major issues I should be going back to the independant dealer to argue over !

Couple of points were highlighted, Tyres being the main one but I already had that covered.

Basically everything ok but he did suggest new discs and pads before too much longer. He also said the 'Ancillary drive belts are cracked and perished' and should be replaced sooner rather than later.

As a complete no hoper when it comes to car maintenance, Is this something I should be putting in his hands, and if so how much should I be expecting it to cost for parts and for labour?

Any advice as always is gratefully received.

Also if anyone knows what I should expect to pay for discs and pads (she is un-modified from original spec as far as I can tell), then again I'd be very happy for your imput.

Cheers peeps.

Paul.

Ancilary belts are an easy job and relativly cheap. Charge will depend on labour rate but it should not be expensive.

There is a guide on the forum iirc and traders in here like alex sell parts so you can source yourself.

Brake disc wise it is entirely up to you. There are many options from EBC which are cheaper aftermarket with Performance Friction and the likes at the pricy end.

DBA are sort of in the middle and are well used on the forum. Pad wise again there are a lot of choices. I experimented with Cosworth from Horsham dev but lots of folks run Ferodo and again at the budget end but still fine are EBC.

Have a browse through the Traders section for guys like cougar store, horsham, MW tec and many more and try PM ing Zmanalex as well (see member traders).