Midwest Performance

sprax

I do know of Mid West Performance and didnt have a particularly good experience, resulting in a wasted journey (500 miles) and refund of initial deposit.

In a nutshell, the car was not as described in his advertisement and the car interior was not the same as the pictured shown on the advertisement. We know this because he is now advertising a very similar car on Auto Trader and the interior pictures are identical! He described the car I was interested in as 'immaculate inside and out' and a 'non-abused example'.

I hope that this helps.

Gwyn

Hi there,

First post so hello! :wave:

I went to look at a car at this place. From the Ad, name and pics you'd be forgiven for thinking that it's a proper Garage / Dealer operating from out of a dedicated building. It isn't. This is "Midwest Performance": http://g.co/maps/tdah2 and if you rotate left you can see Paul, the owners house with a nice R35 outside. Looks like he hasn't always traded 350's either!

Not that there's anything wrong with selling stuff from your home... :) I ended up not buying the car I went to look at mainly because it wasn't as described. For me it was a total waste of 400 miles.

Just my 2 cents...

Hi MrG and welcome :wave:

Thanks for the help, it's appreciated!

I went today as Paul had another car in that I was interested in and to be absolutely fair to him it was as described and a lovely car...deposit paid and a proud Zed owner :teeth:

Hi there,

First post so hello! :wave:

I went to look at a car at this place. From the Ad, name and pics you'd be forgiven for thinking that it's a proper Garage / Dealer operating from out of a dedicated building. It isn't. This is "Midwest Performance": http://g.co/maps/tdah2 and if you rotate left you can see Paul, the owners house with a nice R35 outside. Looks like he hasn't always traded 350's either!

Not that there's anything wrong with selling stuff from your home... :) I ended up not buying the car I went to look at mainly because it wasn't as described. For me it was a total waste of 400 miles.

Just my 2 cents...

ok,now ive found this heres a few words,for years ive been into fast japanese cars,and now buy and sell the cars im passionate about,no i may not have a big fancy showroom filled with salespeople who know nothing about these cars,unlike them,i DO know about these cars because ive had many of them over the years,and yes i work from home to keep overheads down and that means a cheaper 350z for the buyer,i go out of my way to pick people up if they want to travel by train and ive had many happy customers,but i guess its hard to keep everyone happy

....and im guessing the guy above is the person who turned up the other week but was too late as the car was already sold,and now feels he wasted a journey,well im sorry you feel you had a wasted journey

I do know of Mid West Performance and didnt have a particularly good experience, resulting in a wasted journey (500 miles) and refund of initial deposit.

In a nutshell, the car was not as described in his advertisement and the car interior was not the same as the pictured shown on the advertisement. We know this because he is now advertising a very similar car on Auto Trader and the interior pictures are identical! He described the car I was interested in as 'immaculate inside and out' and a 'non-abused example'.

I hope that this helps.

Gwyn

Interesting post Gwyn, for something that you describe as a “not a very good experience†I am very surprised. You fail to mention that you contacted me again for a second time and was actually interested in another of my cars and offered to send a £1000 non refundable deposit(I still have your text message to prove this), only to then turn quite nasty when told that unfortunately I had already taken a deposit on it(still have the text message for this aswell)

I can appreciate you were disappointed at not getting the car you wanted but you cannot expect me to cancel an agreement with another customer to just give you what you want, im sure you will agree this would be very unprofessional to say the least.

My cars are exceptionally high quality low mileage second hand cars, as many of my customers will agree, but they are not brand new cars they are used cars and will sometimes show a small amount of wear!.

I am sorry that you did not get the car you wanted and hope you have or will find the right one for you.

Just to note - Swansea to Birmingham and back 500 miles! Hmmm.. I think not even by my calculations! Tut tut! ..maybe you got lost :drive1

To put the record completely straight, I was with you for all of 5 minutes, and as soon as I saw the interior of the vehicle which you described as 'beautiful' (and the pictures you emailed suggested that), as you know I made the firm decision not to purchase due to the poor condition of the interior of the car.

I have now purchased my 350z and it is 'as described'.

As for the 500 mile trip, believe me it felt like 500 miles after such a fools errand!

I have recently purchased an orange 350z from Paul at mid west performance. The car was as described and i found Paul to be very helpful as he picked me up from the train station.

I would recommend him for any future sales, as i am loving my new 350z. :clap:

Hopefully going to look at a Zed at Paul's very soon, will give impartial report.

It's not a bad idea to post about dealers on the forum.

I am a member of a watch forum and we have a trusted dealers section there where people can post their experiences. Good dealers get more custom, bad dealers go out of business.

Joined the forum at last.

Got to say I bought a grey 350z from Paul last month and I love it. It's great. The car has 66,000 miles on the clock and it's an 04 reg. so I got exactly what I was expecting. In great condition inside and out. Paul was great too. Apart from his taste in music!!

Would recommend Paul and his cars. It's his business so he's hardly going to buy and sell bad cars is he? Nope. If you read this Paul, hope your business takes off big time. Good luck mate, and thanks.

Joined the forum at last.

Got to say I bought a grey 350z from Paul last month and I love it. It's great. The car has 66,000 miles on the clock and it's an 04 reg. so I got exactly what I was expecting. In great condition inside and out. Paul was great too. Apart from his taste in music!!

Would recommend Paul and his cars. It's his business so he's hardly going to buy and sell bad cars is he? Nope. If you read this Paul, hope your business takes off big time. Good luck mate, and thanks.

Hey Paul,im really glad you're happy with your "Z",it makes it all worthwhile when someone is happy with their purchase...and theres nothing wrong with my music taste :D:band:

all the best...Paul