Nice clean, polish and wax

Freebird

Spent today attempting to make the car look pretty after I fitted my XYZ coilovers over the weekend.

Here are some pics. I want to go somewhere decent to take some nice photos with a decent camera but for now just iPhone pics im afraid :)

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

The fleet ;)

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Bonus of my old car too (still miss it)

cleaningsession-1.jpg

cleanwheel.jpg

FxCam_1296771390263.jpg

Oh and the one that burnt down....sadface

MYLYonTrack-2.jpg

One word, spacers. Does look good though.

I'm tempted by some coilovers to go with my new wheels, I nearly got these HKS LS+ earlier: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190646331676 but I only went to £400 as I've not really decided if pratically they'll be a good idea yet as I think I'll end up scraping everywhere as there are a couple of places on my journey to work which could cause a problem.

Someone I know has a yellow vx220, he loves it. Hes a bit on the large side though, I've got no idea how he manages to get in it (or out).

The only journeys I ever did in one was as a passenger in my brothers lotus elise 111s on the motorway for a couple of hours. It's not really much fun when not sat behind the wheel.

Coilovers are a VAST improvement imo, its a must buy really. You dont even have to do a large drop in height its more the fact its stiffer and the fact that you can adjust your dampening settings for mood. i.e. stiffen them up for a trackday or wind them down a bit for a more comfortable ride.

I personally wound my dampening up to max and it doesnt really feel that harsh, could do with dropping the dampening down on the rear slightly for a more comfortable ride. But then again my VX220 was on coilovers (both cars) and they were set very harsh and stiff.

Also tell me about the spacers! sweet jesus lmao, I dont want to fork out £200 for spacers when I intend on buying wheels that actually fill the arches ;)