pioneer avh 4200

Dano190485

Cons: touch screens really are a stupid idea in a car, you really do have to look at the unit to hit the right thing, and for me the fitting just didn't work with the fascia i had, whether i fixed it to the dash or to the bulkhead first the fascia just wasn't the right shape. I expect that it was probably my fault though and a pro would have no trouble.

Pros: Sound quality is a vast improvement over the bose. It looks very understated when fitted and the backlight colour can be set to the same amber as the rest of the lighting in the car, so looks almost OEM. Biggest bonus is its ability to take SD cards though, I have a 2gb in at the moment. A slight downside is that it can only handle 10 playlists on a card, but i just have my music grouped into genres so each playlist is a few hours long.

I've never used the dvd part so can't give any feedback on that, but overall i think its a good piece of kit for the price.

DB