Help wiring in an adapter to my head-unit :)

agentsmith350

Hi All ,

All my stuff has arrived for fitting my headunit and cameras ect , Now iv got the bose ICT adapter , theres 2 connections one red one white that it says to plug into the Front and Rear Phono outptut on the head unit in the sticky .

On my headunit there are 4 plugs labled :

LR Out

LF Out

RF Out

RR Out

I assume this is front left right and rear left right but since there is 4 plugs im unsure of what to plug into the ICT adapter , does anyone else know ?

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Yellow

Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Light Green

Radio Ground Wire: Chassis

Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: Red/Blue

Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Green/White

Radio Amplifier Turn On Wire: Green/Yellow

Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Red

Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Black/White

Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Yellow/Red

Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Red/White

Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Light Green/Red

Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Black/Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Orange

Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Black/Pink

If you have a look in the ICE section a few people have put up pictures of the wiring :thumbs:

There will be a certain amount of splicing required ;)

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: Yellow

Radio Switched 12V+ Wire: Light Green

Radio Ground Wire: Chassis

Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: Red/Blue

Radio Antenna Trigger Wire: Green/White

Radio Amplifier Turn On Wire: Green/Yellow

Left Front Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Red

Left Front Speaker Wire (-): Black/White

Right Front Speaker Wire (+): Yellow/Red

Right Front Speaker Wire (-): Red/White

Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Light Green/Red

Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Black/Yellow

Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue/Orange

Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Black/Pink

If you have a look in the ICE section a few people have put up pictures of the wiring :thumbs:

There will be a certain amount of splicing required ;)

:scare::scare::scare:

Dont really understand that , i have the adapters so was thinking was plug and play for most of it

This is what i mean - im not sure if iv got it right but this is what iv done so far , the bit im asking about in that first post is the LF+RF -ICT Adapter as there is LR and RR connection from the headunit as well.

9848b379-1.jpg

Looking at the first picture....

Blue wire on the left goes to blue ? wire.

Brown Tel wire not used.

Black ? wire needs to connect to the black earth wire coming out of the headunit (top connect in picture) but very important this also needs another wire coming of it to go to the chassis of the car.

You also need to plug the black and yellow RCA's into the rear rca outputs of the headunit, which you havent done in either picture.

c1f36aeb-1.jpg

I crossed out the big yellow tape as u don't need this, you already connect the lose black wire to the black wire on the loom. Instead u need to run a wire from the black on the headunit loom to the cars chassis as the original cost loom on the car doesny have an earth.

I crossed out the big yellow tape as u don't need this, you already connect the lose black wire to the black wire on the loom. Instead u need to run a wire from the black on the headunit loom to the cars chassis as the original cost loom on the car doesny have an earth.

Thanks i understand that bit now , only parts im unsure on now is this :

there are 2 connections on the ICT , red and yellow , i have plugged these into the FR and FL on the headunit there is still the RL and RR with nothing going in them so am unsure if thats right

the other thing is i have the boot apart right now and have fed the lead through from the camera into the boot but am unsure were to tap into the reverse light

The red and white rca lead are for the front speakers so need to go to the FL and FR on the headunit. The yellow and black rca lead are for the rear speakers so need to go to the RL and RR on the headunit. You need to connect all 4 rca plugs up.

For the reverse light you need to test the wires going into one of the rear light clusters for the one that is live when the car is in reverse.

im told it is the green wire , iv found close up pics of the wire but cant work out were it is ! , How do i get access to the light clusters , the plastic trim peices on the rear arnt budging when i have tried pulling them out , i am in the back of it atm with the laptop lol , boot carpet up , card peice over spare wheel and spare wheel out , wires ran through to the boot :scare:

Pull the rubber boot trim off along the back. The centre plastic trim then needs to be pulled off. You can then remove the carpet at the sides which will give you access to the rear of the lights.

iv got the centre plastic trim off now , started on the part were the light is but it looks like the wire comes out at the trunk of wires running behind the centre panel so surely i can just start trying those without removable the side ?

Any idea on what colour cable ect to save me some time with the multimeter , its getting dark now :lol:

Success !!

Oh my god that took some doing , about 4 hours later i think its ok , found the reverse light on the trunken of cables behind the centre trim , pale green like you say . Couldnt find my crimps so have just used one of those white plastic clips with the screws in to connect in the camera power and a cable to the headunit , earthed the camera to the point behind the trim.

Havnt had chance to test the power lead i ran from it since iv been using a torch for the last hour so will try and continue tommorow when i also attempt the front camera and headunit as well :scare:

The red and white rca lead are for the front speakers so need to go to the FL and FR on the headunit. The yellow and black rca lead are for the rear speakers so need to go to the RL and RR on the headunit. You need to connect all 4 rca plugs up.

Do you know which is which , i.e Black to red yellow to white ... ?

Do you know which is which , i.e Black to red yellow to white ... ?

I think thats right from memory but dont put everything back until you have tried it then use fade and balance to check :thumbs:

:angry::angry::rant::rant::rant::rant::angry::angry::angry:

Going to leave it with no radio soon , Got everything fitted and looked like it was working fine , wired the parking cameras in and the reverse worked fine , forgot to check the front one , Tested sound and all speakers were working , sub behind seat ect . Connected everything back up , set off and all was fine apart from the front camera, pulled in to look at the camera issue and checked earth , power ect and all thats fine , i taped the video plug to make sure it wouldnt come loose but take it il have to remove it all again since theres nothing else it could be ??/?

Also noticed a screw is now rattling around as im driving that i cant find when i removed the gear surround.

Then ! , started the car again and no sound ! , it has sound when the engine is off but as soon as i start the car the sound goes ....Any ideas ??