JWT Popcharger's - All that ??

agentsmith350

I dont really understand having a sealed box to stop heat soak,then putting a few louvers on the top of it. It dont make sense to me.

The box is not totally sealed, the front portion is open for the air cone, air flows in and any excess air escapes via the vents.

Being a sealed box the sound is mental!! You hear it on blip and all the way through the revs like growling demons under the hood. You can hear it clearly on my nurburgring trip see below :drive1 (go to to 29seconds to hear a blip and then 58seconds for a full 2nd gear blast)

At one minute that sounds immense :blush: what air intake is this JWT?

Fitted mine this weekend and love the noise.

No difference that I can feel in the power (JWT claim 6.5hp or something - no idea if you would feel that, but sounds a massive gain for what it is) but the noise is brilliant. At pootling about town revs (i.e 30-40mph in 6th) nothing much different, but went for a bit of a "spirited drive" on Sunday and the noise going up through the gears is eargasmic - the car just sounds so insistent now - go on, a little bit more throttle :).

Found myself double clutching every downshift just to hear the little blip :)

I guess other filters are avaiable that do the same job, but the JWT seems fairly well made and fits like a glove - the heat shield could be a bit better I guess, but not a major gripe - losing a couple of HP to heat soak is worth it just for the racket it makes.