I broke really heavy and Oil Light came on then off!

350matty

I broke really heavy and Oil Light came on then off!

Not sure why this happened. Only thing i can think of is that i have low Oil and under heavy Braking Oil moves to one side therefore engine reads no Oil.

Had Oil checked by Nissan like a Month ago he said i had plenty.

Bit worried now, what shall i do? (Take it to Nissan)

But best to ask you 1st.

Thanks

Thanks for the replys Guys

Dealer checked for me a month ago and not check til now cos of busy month. Was Low! :headhurt: @*!# very Low! Thats strange cos only checked like a 4 weeks ago and not driven it much from then. The lad at dealer had trouble reading DIPSTICK it and he concluded that i had plenty.

Now i have Oil in i can now read from the dipstick, not 100% clear tho. I ve must have been running on low oil, like lower than the L mark. @*!# :oops: Hope my Z is ok! :headhurt:

Looked through manual and said that if Oil light comes on i should consult dealer. It blinked on twice. Once wen i broke really hard and 2nd time was when i tested if it was cos i broke hard. Should i consult them?

Shittin myself now Scared car will explode. Hope this has caused no major harm to my baby.

If you tell your dealer you have run the car low on oil wave bye bye to any warranty on engine, my best advice would be to button it , and have oil / filter changed asap just to be on safe side.. I dont think you will have caused any damage by the sound of it :thumbs:

The Oil light blinked would have missed it if it was a sunny day, but cos at night seen it.

Hope all is good! 1st sports car and didnt know how fast there drink oil. But was only like 4 weeks ago dealer checked and confirmed i had plenty of Oil. He must have got it wrong cos ya suppose to wait for the oil to drain to bottom of engine, he didnt do that just checked it like 10times.

Not sure about the Filter, where can i get one?

Thanks guys for help.

The Oil light blinked would have missed it if it was a sunny day, but cos at night seen it.

Hope all is good! 1st sports car and didnt know how fast there drink oil. But was only like 4 weeks ago dealer checked and confirmed i had plenty of Oil. He must have got it wrong cos ya suppose to wait for the oil to drain to bottom of engine, he didnt do that just checked it like 10times.

Not sure about the Filter, where can i get one?

Thanks guys for help.

get a genuine filter from Nissan dealer about £6 :thumbs:

Problem with the standard sump is the lack of baffles, nothing in it at all to prevent surge. The APS one doesnt contain that much in the way of baffles either, I had mine modified for when on the track.

Mind you, low oil wont do you much good either!

Problem with the standard sump is the lack of baffles, nothing in it at all to prevent surge. The APS one doesnt contain that much in the way of baffles either, I had mine modified for when on the track.

Mind you, low oil wont do you much good either!

well I have seen quite prominent baffles in the APS one! was yours a different APS model?

sump_top1.jpg

No, same as that. Nothing much in the way of baffles, thats just a surge protector for the oil pickup.

A proper sumped baffle looks nothing like that. I just went on advice from the experts, may as well get it properly sorted while its all in bits, I thought.