Oil additives

Spidermonk

Does anyone put oil additives in their Z?

More specifically I do a lot of short trips in the Z, I live less than 10 minutes drive from work and 3 minutes drive from relatives, so am obviously concerned about engine wear.

I've been given a can of Wynn's oil treatment to add to the engine by a friend who swears by the stuff (he uses it religiously on his van that has just tipped over 750k miles) and the theory goes it should coat the engine internals to reduce friction and maintain oil pressure at high temps, prolong engine life etc... according to the can.

Being paranoid I'd just like confirmation that this stuff is suitable for a Z and won't cause any problems? :thumbs:

Quick Edit: Just seen the oil sticky that seems to suggest that these can actually corrode the engine?

Would put nothing like that in my engine imho, a good sythetic oil is all you need. :)

+1

i dont think anyone on here will keep a zed long enough to see the signs of wear on the engine. Especially with the mileage it looks like you will cover annually. Get a good fully synthetic oil.