EPS200 Parking Sensor reviews?

fusion243

Since I will be parking my Zed on the street in London I expect to be squeezing into a fair few tight gaps! :lol: Therefore, I have been looking at possible parking sensors to aid me in this and the best value for money seem to be the EPS200 - one of those electromagnetic ones that doesn't require bumper drilling. From my research I'd say 80% of people gave them positive reviews, but AutoExpress.co.uk were not such fans. I was just wondering if any of you guys out there have this installed and if so, how's it working out for you??

Cheers :thumbs:

I haven't got these exact ones but I did get a pair of Parking Dynamics ones fitted to my Zed and Managements MINI Cooper S.

It's a 'bumper' off job to fit those - but I had someone do it... They are much more sensitive than the ultrasonics and can be affected by the movement of the wheels / suspension as they don't 'point' backwards from the rear of the car - which means reversing out over the pavement crossover can give a warning for no obvious reason.

The plus side is that they work over the entire width of the rear and don't have blind spots where a bollard can sneak between the sensors - guess how we discovered that...

cheers

Tim

Yeah the greater field of vision is what I'm hoping for. How much did yours cost including fitting? Because I know a few members of this forum have the PD ones and rate them but I'm working on a budget and these EPS ones are working out £100 cheaper (installation included) than any of the Parking Dynamics ones I have found...

I'm at work but from memory the sensors were £75 each and fitting a bit more than that but not into 3 figures.

So if you're getting the EPS's for £75 fitted and it takes an hour from start to finish (well, that's what it took my experienced fitter) something seems remarkably cheap...

cheers

Tim