Tyre sizes for 19 inch Rota GTR

sasha@lazytrips

I just wanted to check before plunging in and ordering a set of new tyres for my wheels.

I've got a set of Rota GTRs all round. 19 inch wheels with 9 inch width on the fronts & 10 inch width on the back.

When I had the wheels fitted, they came with 245/35/19 on the front and 275/35/19 on the back. The lip sticks out a fair bit and the tyre seems a little stretched to me.

I am about to order some 255/35/19 for the front & 285/35/19 for the rears, but wanted to check to make sure that these would be fine.

I checked on tyre calculators and the fronts against 225/45/18 (standard Rays) are +0.21% out (better than the 245 that seem to be much more popular here for 19 inch wheels) and the rears are +0.65% out which is pretty close too.

Would I have any issues (other than finding the right rubber) in having these?

And lastly, the bonus question: If I went with 295/30/19 on the rears (-2.67% out), I can get Ultrac Sessantas instead of Falcons which I would prefer a fair bit. Am I right in thinking that the difference in size will throw the sensors out and generally not be a good idea? Otherwise I'll be going with Falken 452s all round.

I got 295 35 19 on the rear if that helps. The only issues I had was the rear was rubbing on the arches but that was because I had the car lowered.

:bounce: Anyone know whether 295/30/19 on the rears is too far out from standard?