Brake Shims?

Mears5

Hey Everybody,

I changed my brake pads yesterday and when I took out the old pads I noticed there was no metal shim between the calliper and pad on one wheel but there was on the other, should there be one? And is it a big deal if this is missing?

Cheers

:thumbs:

Should be one there. Squealing can occur get a set of titanium ones while your at it. Supposed to stop heat transfer a bit from the pad to the caliper.

Thanks mate,

The new pads had nothing with them, so i will look into it and see, any suggestions on where to look?

Should be one there. Squealing can occur get a set of titanium ones while your at it. Supposed to stop heat transfer a bit from the pad to the caliper.

Thanks mate,

The new pads had nothing with them, so i will look into it and see, any suggestions on where to look?

Titanium ones from zman.

Thanks mate,

Titanium ones from zman.

Ah brilliant thanks mate

Are shims needed with ds2500s? Dont fancy spending £80 on a set of titanium shims!

get some shims from their website or halfords then?

Will use the shims that came with my yellowstuff pads, if I have to.