Using Old wiring to fit new Sub in stock place

Tank1978

Hi All

Read a few threads about the stock Bose sub cutting in and out and yep mine does the same, i tap the plastic cover and she comes back on...very annoying. If I were to replace the sub and amp with a free air sub and pioneer 2 channel amp can I use the same power/wiring loom thats in place or will I have to feed a new power cable form the battery to the amp....really cant be hassled with doing this...would of been ok in my xr2 fiesta back in the 90s but dont fancy striping back the plastic/carpet etc

can anyone help or suggest what to do!

Thanks

Tank

As far as I'm aware, you won't stand a chance using the standard wiring loom, the installers had to run power/phonos back through there.

Bear in mind, the bose sub is a tiny thin pos. The boot is the best location for a sub, not where the bose sub goes anyways (got a jl 10w3v3 in the bose sub compartment and stuff around it rattles, a fair bit). I also don't see why you'd want to replace it with a free air sub?

im really just after the easiest way of not having the sub cut out, I mean maybe its best just take it out altogether...I dont want a full on thump thump thump like a boy racer or the hassle of wiring a powerlead through the car and taking up all the carpets and plastic etc I just want a little low end

Apparently the oem bose subwoofer uses 15w. Yeah, I think you'll have issues if you just tried to replace the actual sub itself.

Isn't something like this the easiest way if you could run power/phono to it, not quite sure where you'd put it though?

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/infinity-basslink.html

Maybe someone else has more ideas like dblock?.