First ever MOT!

stuarty

Ive been driving for nearly 20 years and today was the first time i've ever put a car through an MOT. :teeth:

I've only ever owned new or nearly new cars up to earlier this year when I bought my 54 plate zed.

I took it for an MOT today and it passed with flying colours, not even an advisory. :#1:

Ive got every MOT my cars ever had done and suprisingly its only ever had one advisory in 2009. Is this normal for a Zed? I would have thought with the car being nearly seven years old it would have needed some parts changed due to wear and tear!

My car does have a full service history and I'm assuming any work needing done has been carried out during the service.

Finally, I dont think i'll be spending 25K + on a new car ever again. I think i'll just hold out and do my homework and buy what ever car I want when its around 5 years old and save a small fortune. :thumbs:

My experience of MOT's is that most cars can pass fairly easily as long as a car is well after. I briefly worked in a garage when I was younger and some of the sheds we had in the day before an MOT to give a once over was about 50% of the jobs and they rarely failed.

I'd I remember rightly, Germany have a far more rigorous equivilent, of which would probably remove 25% of the cars in the UK which are on the road.

I can't justify buying a car new (unless it was under £15,000 and even then :wacko:). The quality of second hand cars compared to 20 year ago is huge. Also what puts me off is depreciation. A guy at work paid the best part of £30,000 for an Audi S3 last year. It's probably worth less than £20,000 now.