AutoDJ Button & BOSE

flakmunky

Hi All,

Noticed a button up near the rearview mirror labelled AutoDJ...

What the hell is that?! I have searched but can't spot anything...

Also, the car I am buying is a Version T, but it doesn't look as if it has the BOSE system, it has a mini-disc fitted beneath a CD player... It also has Sat Nav... I looked behind the drivers seat and there is a black plastic trim, similar to the glovebox behind the passenger seat. If it is a BOSE system, shouldn't there be a visible sub-woofer? The car has steering wheel controls that work...

Could someone please post pics of the BOSE set up, inc. the sub?

Thanks in advance...

13 days and counting!!!

fM

Hi mate

I've got a T version and also have the Auto DJ button top of winsdscreen - no idea to this day what it does. If you don't have the sub behind the drivers seat sounds like it might not be a T version? the mini disc player might be a mod and therefore the removal of the sub could be too - although not sure why?? Sure someone else might have some views on this.

Good luck!

@ Leenx

You got me worried now! It is advertised as a T Version... This is the spec:

Leather seats (manual adjustment, no heating in them)

Jap Sat Nav,

Steering Wheel volume controls,

Phone lead in cubby,

Folding mirrors,

Xenons

I have attached a (bad) picture of the interior, you can see the stereo at least... The CD player volume is controlled by the steering wheel controls and the steering wheel controls also work properly for skipping tracks, tuning, etc...

I know the image isn't great, but the stereo has a knob (oo-err!) on the right hand side that sticks out for the volume. The knob has a PWR button on the top of it that remains still as you turn the knob. If that makes sense. I didn't see Nissan or BOSE written on it anywhere... Also, behind the drivers seat, the plastic trim is exactly the same appearance as the glovebox but without the handle...

Does it look, therefore, as if I am not buying a T version? I thought the stereo was stock as it works with the steering wheel buttons...

The stereo does not look like the BOSE image...

Ok, if it is a standard Fairylad then what are the other differences? Is it just that the T has leather electronic seats & BOSE system on top of the base model? If so, what should the difference in price be?!

Confused now... :headhurt:

Hi

I would check out the Bonsai website as they do a full spec list for each version. This seems a bit odd to me in terms of no heated seats etc but looks like it has / had Bose. Also give Bonsai cars a ring as they should be able to confirm. Let us know how you get on?

Good news is the interior looks immaculate! those leather seats look like they've never been sat on! Looks great.

Cheers

Thanks, Leenx...

I had a look at Bonsai's website... I am not buying from them so don't really want to call them yet...

The car is immaculate, when I said the seats weren't heated, what I should have said is that I couldn't see any buttons for switching the heating elements on! Also, where are the electric seat controls situated?

Why does it look as if it has had a Bose system fitted?

I could turn the stereo right up without any distortion whatsoever and the bass did sound quite powerful...

Thanks,

fM

The tape deck says Bose on there and just looks like the set up I had. if sound is good and you are getting base, I would suspect you have got Bose. But the reason to check out Bonsai is they have a full spec table of each model - you don't need to ring them up but I'm sure as they are in the imprting business they'll be able to confirm most if not all queries.

The electric seat switches are to the left of the drivers seat and I think right to the passengers actually made into the seat carcus if that makes sense. The heated seats buttons are situated on the mid console between the two seats - in front of the small cubby where the phone wire / holder thingy is kept. The guys you're buying from will be able to confirm this surely?

Hi,

Yes, they would be able to confirm it if he hadn't just gone away for a week!

On the picture of the cabin that I posted, it sounds as if the heated seat buttons should be where the centre bit dips down, just behind the hazard warning button?

Cheers,

fM

At the moment the car is in getting the front-end resprayed due to stone chips. I am supposed to be picking it up next weekend so will have a good look at it then and see whether I can knock him down a bit if it isn't T spec... All I can think, from reading Bonsai & other sources is that it is a base spec but the previous owner bought some leather seats for it?