ObdII

eck1

Hey all, well I know there has been quite allot of people looking at Bluetooth/wifi obdII readers for there Z's and where it has come into some problems with jdms with them not connection to the bus properly.

This has allot to do with it being jobd and using a 16pin connector and also a different form of communication.

Iv been doing some research into this myself over the past few days and looking around allot of jp sites. From this I have managed to find this;

http://www.geocities.jp/cat7_k/350zg/elmscan.htm

Which is basically spliceing the 16pin connector into the relevant obd cable to make it work with the Bluetooth elmscan 5.

I'm currently talking with the poster and they will be sending through a wireing guide for spliceing and what items will be needed ect.,

With this in mind does anyone else know of any obdII Bluetooth/wifi adapters that will communicate with a JDM?

Just thought I'd post my findings

Yea it's a different bus, but not entirely different. If you translate the link with something like google you can see the success the guy in Japan has had with making it work with elm scan 5 Bluetooth by altering the connections

Yea I had a look argue autosnap one but I'm after something for either Bluetooth or wifi to link to a carputer ect or even the correct 16pin cable and software