Pioneer DEH-P88RS II

notfub

I had that head unit... with the iPod connectivity... it was great! :#1:

but mine was a US model and only tuned into "odd" radio frequencies... which was a bit of a swizz....

But like Matt says... why that specific unit?

I had that head unit... with the iPod connectivity... it was great! :#1:

but mine was a US model and only tuned into "odd" radio frequencies... which was a bit of a swizz....

But like Matt says... why that specific unit?

Are you sure you had that one? That particular unit is awesome for SQ.

Already watching that one but thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

As DBlock has said this particular head unit is one of the best for sound quality based car hi-fi installations. Check out the review here http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/in ... 8rsii-r584

It's been discontinued for a while and it's replacement is over £800 now so well out of my "source" budget.

@DBlock - I'm leaving my zed in the capable hands of Lee at Sonic Frontiers :D

Lee will no doubt do a great job. Pics abd specs of install for me to drool over :lol:

Already watching that one but thanks for the heads up :thumbs:

As DBlock has said this particular head unit is one of the best for sound quality based car hi-fi installations. Check out the review here http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/in ... 8rsii-r584

It's been discontinued for a while and it's replacement is over £800 now so well out of my "source" budget.

@DBlock - I'm leaving my zed in the capable hands of Lee at Sonic Frontiers :D

Lee will no doubt do a great job. Pics abd specs of install for me to drool over :lol:

There's a 2 month waiting list at the moment and that's just lucky there was a spare week in Lee's schedule. All details will be revealed in due course. Really don't know what will happen yet, just know that I spent nearly 4hrs over there earlier this week and was totally gobsmacked. I've been out of car hi-fi for ohhh 15 years so the quality of the latest stuff was amazing.

Still, got to get a P88RS II first ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm still after one of these head units if anyone knows of one around. :thumbs:

you checked talk audio?

Yes mate, posted on there a few weeks back. Even contacted a chap that's a main supplier of Pioneer in the UK and he's been trying to get 2 of them for months without success. There's been a few Mk1's come up on ebay but I'm going to hang on as long as possible for a Mk2. I'll probably end up buying the Alpine 9887R but prefer the look of the Pioneer (and probably sound as well). Thanks for the tip Dblock :thumbs: