Bluetooth Mic reuse & speaker Ohm confirmation

notfub

I’ve been reading and searching the ICE section for answers to these two questions but I’m still unsure......

Q1. If replacing the Bose HU with a replacement HU with in-built Bluetooth, can you use the original factory Bluetooth Mic? Is the Mic input to the standard Bose obvious when you take the Bose out?

Q2. If I replace just the front speakers (4ohm) will this cause me problems as the Bose Amp expects a lower resistance? There’s no confirmation on the Ohm rating of the standard Clarion speakers. Am I likely to damage the new components?

I intended to replace the front door speakers first, then, as funds allow, the head unit, and then install a 4 channel amp, 8 or 10†Sub and bridge the amp to run 3 channels. Am I better off just saving up the £ and doing it all together? At least I can leave the standard wiring in place and re-install the standard setup when selling.

Thanks for your help :thumbs:

think the mic goes to the bluetooth main unit in the secret compartment under the glovebox and then back to the HU.

Thanks for the info Mike, I can trace & identify the wires far more easily now I know that :thumbs: