constant power source

t3dcf

hey guys,

Just need some advice - I currently have a snooper in the Z, stuck just by the rear view mirror. currently it gets its power from the power socket behind seats (with a wire from there across cabin to snooper). What im looking to do is get a permanant power source from the courtesy light - any idea how to remove trim around the windscreen and/or remove light fitment?

David

Guest prescience

Canr' check for you for sure (for obvious reasons) but IIRC, you can remove the sunvisors with an allen key and the roof lining just clicks into place, so can be carefully pulled down :)

what size fuse feeds the interior light? and does your snooper have a rating plate on it telling you how much power it needs? check its WELL within the fuses rating else you might pop a lot of fuses (if you are using snooper and open door say) shouldnt imagine it to be a problem but have come across this before trying to run an old sat nav unit on my old van using the interior light feed :headhurt:

used the power to the interior light, all sorted now - did not get the lining up - but poped out the light and connected to the power socket there!! Nice and tidy.:)

The only problem was that i somehow broke the catch on the sunglasses thing---anyone know where i could get another catch?