New car for the missus

as2bsc

Ey up,

The missus MGTF has to go, it's a nightmare and has done the usual MG trick of overheating and knackering the head gasket! Anyway she's just driven off in my zed and this cannot continue for obvious reasons :bangin:

She's interested in both SLK's around 05 plate and Mini's thereafter. Anybody had any experience of the smaller engined SLK's such as the 200, pants?

Cheers

Have to say when the Zed goes im seriously considering the SLK55 AMG. Good examples around for 19-20k and it would beast any Zed. :wacko:

I wouln't both with the 200. Why not go for the 350? Good balance and I've heard only good things about the cars themselves. Apaqrt formt he expensive and crap manual gearboxes but everyone knows to stay well clear of Merc manuals........

Good shout with the 350 but bear in mind that this will be the missus daily driver so it needs to be a balance between running costs and spec rather than outright performance; The MG is hardly a beast. We'll see if we can get some test drives booked in at local dealers

You've got me thinking with the v8 now though :D

I test drove a 200 about 2 weeks ago - seriously under-powered and under-whelmed :wacko:

tried to get the dealer to get a 350 for me to try.......but he never came up with one, but would expect that to be more than adequate