Need to shut my faulty window, help!

Glenn1981

morning all!

Just wondering if anyone can help. My window motor/regulator has given up the ghost with my passenger window half open. I am going to be getting a new motor and booking it to get it sorted, but obviously using the car till then with an open window is a bit risky with a GTR track day tomorrow for my 30th and Japfedt next weekend I REALLY want to be able to use my Zed.

Can anyone help with a way of getting the window closed?

I have read guys on fixing, but it looks a bit much for me and also just going to get a new motor, but just need it shut for now.

Got the day off, so any tips I can try to get it closed would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Only thing I can think of is to follow Steves guide to remove the motor as you can then pull the window up manually. I did this with mine for a while. It did slip down a fraction every now and then so if you can secure it in the up position it would be better.

Quick fix that worked for me:

1. Open passenger door.

2. Press and hold the window up button.

3. Get someone to lightly bash the outside of the passenger door, near the bottom.

4. Wait until window rises again.

Then avoid opening the passenger window ever again.

:wacko::D