Need some help

LeMans

hi everyone! need some help from you. Going to chage all sound in my z,but got some stuck.

First think,what i will put in:

On Front Focal 165A3 6.5 3 way component system,80 wat RMS

On rear will be Hertz Dieci DCX690 coaxial 3 way speakers 90 Wat RmS (with new space for them)

Sub Focal 25A1 200wat RMS

And now i stuck on amp. sub fine,mono amp,and lets go. But on speackers i watn to put 4 ch amp. and heare i need your helps. i found only 2 amps 1: INFINITY 475A or JBL gto1004

How do you all think,which is better? (or mby any alse in same price)

And how you think will be this set of speackers, Normaly?

many thanks for helping and for answers!

all the links are broken. Firstly why a 3 way? are you gonna get the aimed and crossed over? If not I honestly wouldnt bother as you will probably get a worse sound.

I wouldnt bother with the rear coax's.

Why that focal sub? Where are you putting the sub and much air space do you have to play with?

I personally would run 1 amp for the front comps, either a 2 channel or a 4 channel bridged into 2. How much you got to spend? What you looking for sql, sq?

all the links are broken. Firstly why a 3 way? are you gonna get the aimed and crossed over? If not I honestly wouldnt bother as you will probably get a worse sound.

I wouldnt bother with the rear coax's.

Why that focal sub? Where are you putting the sub and much air space do you have to play with?

I personally would run 1 amp for the front comps, either a 2 channel or a 4 channel bridged into 2. How much you got to spend? What you looking for sql, sq?

hi!

3 way, a lot of people say what sound much better if putiing them in correct place) Mid will be near the tweeter, behind head window. And tweeter on its place. Sub will go in OEM place,only with box remake.

Like axample Focal got the same set only of 2 way speackers. you think they will be better? (everything i will make by my self)

And why you think what coax not worth to remake rears? im not pro in sound systems,thats why im asking what is better and what not. :)

Going to spend about: Front speackers 150GB, rear 50-70 GB, sub 50-80 GB + amps (head unit will be JVC AVX730)

really for the 3 ways to work you would need the tweeters facing the windscreen or on the a pillars depending. The mids would need to be halfway up the doors and the bigger mid woofer would need to be angled towards you giving less room and looking abit weird.

Yes 2 way will be better I run Focal 165 k2p's. I run 1 amp for the tweeters through the crossover and one through the mids crossed over by the amp. sounds good.

You dont need the speakers behind you firstly as the 350z is pretty small so the comps fill the cabin with sound nicely and the rears will just bring the soundstage back and you dont want that, Also coaxs never sound as good as comps and wont give as nice sound. The money saved by not using the coaxs put that money into the comps.

If the sub is going in the oem place you maybe only have 0.1 or 0.2 cuft of air after the sub is in.

Iv been thinked about K2 series,but too expensive for me. mby some alse on front 2 way you can recomend alse? and 25A1 sub will be ok in OEM place? (i cant make normaly sub in back,i got litle doughter,and i need this damn space :) ) What alse on your think will be good to the front?

Just need good set, FRONT + REAR + SUB with umps,in price about 400-500GB. Mby you can help with wind somethink?

From Focal 2 way i can get only

FOCAL 165KR 6.5" K2 (you can hit it in to ebay.co.uk)

Listen almost RNB,Instrumental, And like ATB style.

Just realy got no idea what to pu inside. just cnow what bose will make me crazy,and i soon will just will get the hummer,and kill it.

I dont need much bum bum, i want not veery lound,but good quality of sound. That fhy many people recomended for me Focal. say what they got not expensive line.

Listen almost RNB,Instrumental, And like ATB style.

Just realy got no idea what to pu inside. just cnow what bose will make me crazy,and i soon will just will get the hummer,and kill it.

I dont need much bum bum, i want not veery lound,but good quality of sound. That fhy many people recomended for me Focal. say what they got not expensive line.

for that focal is good, if your not getting rear speakers why not go for the best focal you can afford? :)

Hi again.

I bough FOCAL 165VR3 set and 27KX sub. now im looking for ump, nad found one Kenwood KAC-6203. was thinking to put one on speakers one on sub. it will be GOOD asambly or better to look diferent amp?

speakers:

Nominal impedance 4 Ohms

Midrange 100mm (4

Controls Tweeter level: 0, -3, -6dB

Cut-out diameter 141mm (5.5

Voice coil 25mm (1

Woofer 165mm (6-1/2

Tweeter TNB tweeter, aluminum/magnesium inverted dome

Magnet 85mm (3-1/3

Frequency response (+/-3dB) 55Hz - 28kHz

Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 93dB

Nom. power 80W

Max. power 160W

Depth from wall 68mm (2.7

Product type 3 way kit

SUB

Nominal impedance 4 Ohms

Product type Subwoofer

Frequency response (+/-3dB) depending on load 35Hz - 1 500Hz

Subwoofer 27cm (11

Load volume 20 - 40 litres (0.706-1.413Ft3)

Cut-out diameter 233mm (9.2

Voice coil 65mm (2.6

Magnet Multiferrite (12 ferrites)

Sensitivity (2.83V/1m) 88dB

Nom. power 300W

Max. power 600W

Found one more amp, EARTHQUAKE TNT, 4 chanel,

Number of channels: 4

Max Power output: 2000 Watts

RMS Power 4-Ohm Bridged: 2 x 300

RMS Power 2-Ohm Stereo: 4 x 150

RMS Power 4-ohm stereo: 4 x 100

Damping Factor: >800

Cross over slopes: 24dB/OCT

THD: >0.005

SNR: 90dB

Class: A/B

Let us know how you get on with fitting the Focal 165VR3 in the front, having changed my speakers today I found it a tight fit for almost all the speakers I had planned to use. :dry: I didn't bother changing the rears. The Focal 165VRS Slim Fit were the only Focals that would fit the front, taking into account the window, but this was a bit out of my price range at around £220 (and with other mods on the horizon) so I ended up fitting some cheaper Alpines on (SXE-1750S). So out of the whole store those are the only two front speakers that would fit and we did consider quite a few brands/models. The Alpines fit well and surprisingly sound pretty good too for the price. Crossed over at 60Hz and fading the rears completely out, the sound is definitely more hifi than before with the awful OEM flimsy clarion speakers. Maybe tempted to spend more on the fronts in the future when I can change the OEM wiring as well, then the outlay is more worth it.