Head Unit fitting

Hi all, as a new owner of a 350z roadster, I'm just about to make the first mod- replacing the faulty Bose headunit.

The new model I have bought is the Pioneer AVH-3200BT, and I've also got the fascia panel and adaptor from sextons direct as recommended by various others on this forum.

My question is - Is this a straight swap job, i.e remove old headunit, plug in adaptor to new headunit and corresponding wires behind dash, and re-fit using new fascia panel? Or are there any further wires to be adapted and or cut. (My car is the pre 06 version, with bose but no steering controls)

Local car audio centre has quoted £70 to do this, however if it's as simple as I hope then it should be a fairly easy DIY job??

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, and I will eventually start a new owner post with pics once the new stereo is in - it's driving me mad having no music!

I've only done GT's with steering controls so assuming the loom is the same minus the steering wheel control unit it is a straight plug and play job although you will need to still run an earth wire and connect the blue wire to the headunits remote out.

I've only done GT's with steering controls so assuming the loom is the same minus the steering wheel control unit it is a straight plug and play job although you will need to still run an earth wire and connect the blue wire to the headunits remote out.

Ok thanks very much for the info. Apologies for what might be an obvious question but does the blue wire that has to connect to the headunits remote out come from the car or the new adaptor lead? I'm still waiting on the bits to be delivered and just wanted to make sure I'm confident enough to do it myself instead of booking it in!

I've fitted a few stereos in the past, but not for a while, but i'm sure it'll all come back to me...

Assuming the loom is like below minus the steering control unit (I and F)....

29-674-LargeConnect.JPG

There will be a black wire H that needs to go to an earth and the blue wire G that needs to go to the remote output from the headunit. I just connect it to the existing blue wire in the loom using a scotch lock.