BY-PASS HELP

Blacky

I have been given a rather nice new Kenwood dnx5220bt head unit. Nothing wrong with my current Alpine W200i.

It was installed for me and I have been very happy with the sound, I have seperate mids and tweeters up front and a couple of 10" subs in the rear.

When I fit the new unit do I use the high/low filters on the headunit or the amps or both?.

I tend to use both but set the amp levels just to be safe and then use the headunit for fine tuning. Does depending on the headunit though as some amps have better control, my JL 500.1 sub amp has loads of settings to control bass, loads more then the 300.2 and it gets confusing.

I tend to use both but set the amp levels just to be safe and then use the headunit for fine tuning. Does depending on the headunit though as some amps have better control, my JL 500.1 sub amp has loads of settings to control bass, loads more then the 300.2 and it gets confusing.

Thanks for the reply, been reading about using a voltage meter to set the gain etc.

Confusing as hell, seems to be a lot of different ways, will just have to experiment, as I don't seem to be able to get a definitive answer.

Thanks for the reply, been reading about using a voltage meter to set the gain etc.

Confusing as hell, seems to be a lot of different ways, will just have to experiment, as I don't seem to be able to get a definitive answer.

usually scoping the system gives the cleanest sound but not always the best. IMO if your hu can do the crossover duties let it as it will send the right freqs to the right amp, but I would turn on a lpf/hpf on the amps but not too near the crossover point as this would be a safety mechinism.