Decats fitted! Before and after Vids. Invidia G200

Sam Mcgoo

As you may know, if you saw my wanted post, I wanted to remove my Kinetix HFC and put on some decats. The reasons being I wanted a few more ponies when I get my UpRev and I found my Invidia (with mid-pipe resonators) a little too quiet for my liking.

So I managed to source some 2nd hand Japseed decats that already had an extra boss welded in for my AFR sensor.

Yesterday I went to a mate's garage so I could use his pit and got them fitted.

Pics of fitted de-cats:

P1000055.jpg

31fcc7dc.jpg

P1000050.jpg

P1000051.jpg

P1000052.jpg

And some vids as I know you like to hear how different set ups sound. :)

Video before the swap....so....Kinetix HFC - Invidia G200 true dual with mid pipe resonators.

And after.....Japspeed Decats - Invidia G200 true dual with mid pipe resonators.

I'm really happy with it now :teeth: It's still nice and quiet at tick over and pottering around town but much more :evil: aggressive when you give it some :drive1

I think now It sounds as a supercharged Zed should sound.

For drive by vids see here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=41886&p=620082#p620082

sounds alot meaner now :)

ps what spoiler do you have? as it looks like you still have the standard one fitted too.

Yeah OEM spoiler still on there with a Spoiler depot piggy back one on top.

Rear.jpg

Is there a noticeable increase in power?

I too have a pair of decats which came with my true duel system but not installed it as I heard without proper re-map it actually reduces power. Is that true?

It might reduce power a little on an n/a but I wouldn't thought much.

You DO have to get a re-map to get any increase in power.

Just a heads up for anyone interested.

I've done a fair few miles now and am really impressed with this set up. There is absolutely zero cabin drone, in fact at part throttle on the motorway the road noise still drowns out the exhaust. Its very un-intrusive at tick over and through town.

But when you open it up it growls very aggressively but without being too raspy and still retains the V6 bass.

:thumbs:

Nice result.

The Invidia true-dual really is a fairly quite set-up and seems to be able to handle decats really well.

Unobtrusive in the cabin yet put under load it sounds lovely and complements (doesn't override) the sound of the SC.

I had an decatted RSR on my last Zed and the noise was astonishing but unbearable.

Nice result.

The Invidia true-dual really is a fairly quite set-up and seems to be able to handle decats really well.

Unobtrusive in the cabin yet put under load it sounds lovely and complements (doesn't override) the sound of the SC.

I had an decatted RSR on my last Zed and the noise was astonishing but unbearable.

Yeah, the previous owner had that trouble with the Nismo. He said it sounded good but the cabin drone was unbearable on a run.