rubbing

V88 REG

i have now got 25mm spacers all round instead of 20mm ( thanks ZMANALEX) but encounted a few problems fitting them.

On the rear the current spacer nuts were very tight and i had to end up grinding out the aluminium nuts. So now i have 4 nuts bolting the spacer to the hub instead of 5. this will be ok for now as its being re threaded on friday.

But i get a very faint rubbing sound at low speed, i can only assume that when its at low speed, the rubbing noise is louder.

any ideas what it could be as i havent got a jack to see at the mo?

Thanks

Hi Martin,

Are your discs quite old?

I experienced a similar problem when my wheels were last aligned. Upon removing the wheel for a closer look (and listen) I realised that the rubbing was coming from the rear face of my disc. I removed the disc and found that the backing plate was quite corroded so I cleaned it thoroughly with a wire brush and removed some surface rust/rot on my disc. This solved the problem until I replaced my discs...

Having the wheels aligned seemed to trigger the issue for me so it is possible that you disturbed something / a piece of corroded disc has become lodged causing the rubbing sound.

It might be worth a look :shrug:

Matt