Window problem.....sorted!

Simon+Kat

I've been having troubles with my drivers window first jamming then dropping everytime i shut the door. My Dad and i cleaned the motors contacts and this fixed the jamming, for now, but after that it slways dropped when door was shut. I found a new motor from a Nissan dealer in the States for the bargain price of £112! so i ordered one. I then thought my one actually sounds quite healthy now, so i thought i might sell the new one on here.

Im glad i didn't! I've been trying the window reset procedure to stop it dropping, with no luck, so pulled it all apart again today and the motor felt very hot. I guessed it has been working a bit to hard just in normal useage, so i thought sod it ill try the new motor.......Hey presto! works perfectly. So that £112 was a good investment.

Trouble is now that Kat came home from work last night and says 'you better have listen to the car' so i do.....exhaust blown!! Luckily i have spare in the loft from my last Z that i'd put a Scorpion on :)

The other thing annoying me today is that i discovered a deep scratch in the passenger below the door, looks like its done by a high heel but its too far to the back of the door really so its a bit of a mystery. Good job i have some Nissan touch up. It's making me grind my teeth right now though :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gradually finding all sorts of little bits and pieces. When I bought the car the guy selling deliberately had the passenger window lock engaged in case I tried to open the window, if I had I would have heard the CV joint rattling away...

...Exhaust has a little blow on mine too, very very minor and can only hear it when I covered the exhaust pipes. Sounds like it is coming from the front passenger side.

And tyres are running low (although I did know that) so need a new set on there as well.

Good news on the replacement exhaust though, handy to have that around!

Yes the harder you look the more you find :thumbdown: . I was lucky to have the pipe in the loft as i very nearly sold it twice. It's so annoying when people are sneaky, hiding things like your CV joints, id rather buy a car that needed a couple of minor things done that the seller had been up front about than one that was 'perfect' and later fell to bits! I'm very suspicious of 'perfect' cars :dry: . I've gone to view cars and bikes in the past that were hundreds of miles from me, speaking to the seller iv'e asked and asked about any problems or marks/dents etc and not once yet have they been as good as described....did they think i wouldnt see the dent or hear the blown exhaust or whatever?

Rant over lol :blush:

No, do rant, I know I did about halfway down the M40 when a few things became apparent that I missed. I had just sold my Astra and was totally transparent with the guy on the phone as ironically he was coming down from Birmingham (I went up to Coventry for the Zed). Just glad I got the private plate off him with the car really.