Suggestions please

Dano190485

Hi all been looking at changing my Bose unit to a pioneer avic f900bt double din. I know a few of you have them but was wondering if you could suggest something else I would like all the same features, bluetooth handsfree, sd card reader, sat nav and all the other goodies. Not looking to spend any more than 400 either

Hey Dano.

To be honest i wouldn't recommend you the F900BT.. i had one earlier in my suzuki swift. It's a nice head-unit but the hardware in it is just to slow for the software running it. There is always a delay when you click a button.

I would defently go for the F10BT or the larger model F20BT.. its ALOT better!!! i tested both since a good friend of mine is in Team Pioneer.. :)

im also running Full pioneer in my car and its my fav. brand when it comes to car stereo.

But rly.. Forget about the F900BT, it will drive you crazy with the slow menu. F10BT is the way to go! Worth every extra penny.

Is that the 910 and 920? What pioneer unit do you have. You know of any cheap units for sale bud? Thanks for your advice

the 910 and 920 are similair to the F900BT but a bit faster. F10BT is a later model, but its the one i would recommend.

Im not running 2din pioneer any more..

My setup is the following

Pioneer DEX-P99RS 4way aktive HU

Pioneer ODR Front 3 Way from system

Pioneer ODR 10" subwoofer fitting under the dash ( havent build this yet but im gonna )

3x Pioneer PRS-A900 Amp's

and loads of sound isolating material + cabels etc.

maybe you should take a look at pioneers homepage.. i think they have just launched some new Avic models.. they are quite nice the new models.. with 3d navigation and other stuff..

I fitted a Pioneer f900bt just over a week ago to my car, after reading up for weeks and weeks on the best options for my zed.

I had read about the "speed" of the unit, etc etc, so had set my expectations accordingly.

Now i'm not sure if its because I set my expectations too low, or because the unit i purchased had already been "modded" (newer maps installed etc), but it is perfect! Menu isn't instant, but isn't anything other than what you would expect from a headunit installed in a car.

Features galore, simple to use, i honestly don't think you could beat it for the price :thumbs:

I fitted a Pioneer f900bt just over a week ago to my car, after reading up for weeks and weeks on the best options for my zed.

I had read about the "speed" of the unit, etc etc, so had set my expectations accordingly.

Now i'm not sure if its because I set my expectations too low, or because the unit i purchased had already been "modded" (newer maps installed etc), but it is perfect! Menu isn't instant, but isn't anything other than what you would expect from a headunit installed in a car.

Features galore, simple to use, i honestly don't think you could beat it for the price :thumbs:

Try the F10BT or F20BT once and you are sold :)

But yea the features in the F900BT is AWESOME!

Try the F10BT or F20BT once and you are sold :)

But yea the features in the F900BT is AWESOME!

I did try the newer pioneer units (as i did the newer JVC/Alpine/Kenwood units) and I just didn't think the difference justified the price difference, each to their own i guess!

I don't actually have an SD card in mine, i just use my iPod so i'm not entirely sure. I heard they can support up to 16gb, but don't hold me to it!

cheers,