TREE SAP

mini

I returned home from work the other day only to find that my neighbour had parked soooo badly that I had to park on the road!!!!!!!!! :angry:

First off, not only do I hate having to park on theside of the road but she drives a flaming nissan micra and can't park the bloody thing! :rant:

Anyway, enough of my ranting, I had to park under a pine (type) tree and upon returning to the car the following morning there were rwo sap drips on the passenger side. One on the window and one on the body work! It almost looks like someone has spuirted glue down the side of the car!

Does anyone know what the best way to get this off? Is it a case of hot soapy water and a lot of elbow grease? I don't want to damage the body work by applying too much pressure or using anything too abrasive.

Any advice would be much appretiated cause I want to get it off before the bad weather pulls in!

First off, avoid digging at it with anything, including your fingernails, that may damage the paintwork.

Apparently substances like alcohol or even WD-40 applied using a cotton ball (like the little jobbies for cleaning your ears) can get pine sap off.

Ive never had any experience of big blobs of sap, but reading some of the info in the states it seems they experience this more often, and the alcohol solution seems to be best, but you will need to re-wax the area afterward.

hope that helps.

I have a neighbour with a Micra too and can she park the thing either?! No! I came home one day to find her mid parking manoeuvre trying to park forwards in a space that is easily wide enough to fit a car almost 50% bigger in. I sat there... and sat there... she tried about 4/5 times to get it right and then when she finally stopped (having been oblivious to me waiting it seems), I reversed in and parked in a few moments (leaving no space passenger side to give the other twit space).

A few seconds later, she almost wacked her door into the side as my car and looked as if she hadn't even seen me. I have no idea what planet she was on, but I've seen some truely awful examples of how to park a tiny car from her! :scare:

Autoglym do a tar remover which removes tree sap to.

+1 - great for getting just that off, but be prepared to get the shirt sleeves rolled up after with renovator and polish as it will dull the area slightly. Not permanent though.

Also, Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner has some stuff in it to try and soften the sap which may be a good start.