Pre season -MOT / PARTS / EXTERIOR

alessandro

With the show season coming up I'm in serious need to give some TLC to the Zed, I will have to have the car ready by the 21st May the latest, I'll be sending PM's to the usual suspects near to the date but for now I need to plan my expenses.

1) MOT - I'm running de-cats and i'll have to find some kind person to sort me out (pm's welcome :ninja: ) if no one offers I'll be looking to change to sports cats ( pm's welcome )

2) real good wash and wax

3) Also will be looking a whole central console cover from the 3 gauges all the way down to the end between the seats ( project gone wrong )

4) the front wipers suffered from corrosion causing the paint to flake off, I'll be painting those my self in satin black. ( I'll be peeling off the paint on the first part of the wipers, sand everything down and use a spray can ) Anything to look out for ?

5) Fill up, drive and enjoy :yahoo:

Apologies if there is a thread somewhere already (if not maybe someone could make a sticky somewhere).

I am hopefully going to be buying my Zed in the next week or two if the deal I am working on goes ahead. I would like to get involved with the club as soon as I get it and come along to a few shows with the rest of you guys when I can. I'd like some advice on what is needed/recommended to have a car on show. Obviously good bodywork/interior etc but I did a few searches and couldn't find that "definite" advice thread.

same heremate but my last wash was in O or S :scare:

Does anyone have a spare set OEM cats that I can borrow for a day or a set of sports cats to sell??

I have some OEM cats that were removed from my '07 313 a couple of weeks ago that you could borrow for an MOT, I live in Surbiton though so an extra ~80 miles to collect and return may be a bit far for an MOT!