boot question

varley16

I noticed when we had frost and snow, when i open the boot it would have a habit of trying to smack me back on the head, its ok at the moment, so im needing some new struts.

but my other question is, should it be one button press for the boot, as i press it, and it pops up, but it wont lift, i then have to press the button again so i can open it all the way.

should be covered under warrenty, just want to make sure its faulty before i take it back.

thanks

It should pop open with one press, it's a common problem which is easily fixed...

Get some 1p coins (or rubber tap washers are better as they offer a bit more flex so less chance of damaging the boot) open the boot and each side is a black spring with rubber boot, twist that off, remove the rubber boot and put the tap washer/coin in the bottom of the boot then put it all back together.

Should solve the problem... I done mine last week with tap washers and it now pops up nicely with one press. :thumbs: