Touch Screen +Sat Nav using Bose Amp

remould

After much research and hunting in the internet jungle I have come upon a cunning plan.

I intend to install one of these,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120665030140&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_9438wt_908

linked to the Bose Amp and speakers with one of these,which,incidentally ,Halfords wanted £110. for a harness adapter without the electronic wizardry yet only £40 to install the unit??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1502wt_860

I'm also considering a reversing camera to link to the above unit and will definitely be installing an easily accessible connector ready for future upgrade.

I've ordered the parts and will update as to the progress,or failure,of the installation. :bangin:

Wish me luck! Comrades ! :#3:

Good luck, I've been toying with the idea of one of those as well.

When you have it all installed etc let us know how it is, also, I know it day's it will allow steering wheel controls but have yet to find the part from the head unit to the 350 Bose harness,

On a side note, does that adapter have to be head unit specific or does it just have to fit and connect to the 350 harness, sorry for the probable stupid question

On a side note, does that adapter have to be head unit specific or does it just have to fit and connect to the 350 harness, sorry for the probable stupid question

I haven't got the adapter from the U.S yet but as soon as I do I'll try to get it installed and post the outcome.

Also I'm not using the Steering wheel controls

• 4 weeks later...

I had the unit and had ripped out the dash to install but the screen wouldn't come on !! :rant:

There was power to the unit but it just wouldn't light up ! :angry:

Turns out when I tested it in the house it was FCUKKED ! :scare:

Put the dash back in and asked them to replace it. :yuck:

Had a new unit but they didn't send an ISO connector and cable :rant:

Now awaiting the ISO..... :angry:

I'm getting a bad feeling about this... :lol:

Oh yeah,I had the US part and had to pay the Rip-Off Import Duty and a handling charge Total of £17 extra !!! :rant:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...