Racelogic Video VBOX Lite + Performance Box

Aust350z

Hi all,

Given this is a UK product I thought I'd try here first. I'm very interested in the ease of this product in combining video with telemetry to review track day performances to improve as a driver. Also very handy to put on continuous record for dropping it off at the dealer for a service too :D

I've googled a fair bit but haven't found anyone who has installed it in a 350z. Very interested to know how they did it, where the installed it and if the CAN bus adapter worked for RPM and throttle position. I've read early Z's aren't CAN supported (despite what my genuine service manual might say).

Or would the cheaper Performance Box be more appropriate for amateur use.

Any help appreciated.

Cant answer your questions specifically about the VBOX, but I can tell you that throttle position and RPM can be read via OBDII. Be warned that OBDII poll rate in the 350z (older ones at least) can be quite slow. Reading just 2 PIDs (RPM and TP) should be ok though, I found any more than 4 and you could really notice the lag. Not sure if it will connect truely via CAN as there will be different standards between all cars. I would imagine really it uses OBDII which is standard.