Navman ICN 720

janoof1

Ok its time for the sat nav in the cubby hole

now ive found a good deal on a nav man 720 and the dimentions stated looks like it will be a good fit in the cubby , i have a few q's

1. does anyone have this device in thier cubby?

2. and can they close the cubby lid with the unit plus the whole legnth of the power cable and the ciggarette lighter plug inside (this is important)

3. how is the reception

i have a 54 where the cubby lid lifts up but doesnt retract into the centre console (im sure that happens on some z)

its either that or thde new those om tom one anyone got one of those?

Ok its time for the sat nav in the cubby hole

now ive found a good deal on a nav man 720 and the dimentions stated looks like it will be a good fit in the cubby , i have a few q's

1. does anyone have this device in thier cubby?

Yes I do

2. and can they close the cubby lid with the unit plus the whole legnth of the power cable and the ciggarette lighter plug inside (this is important)

Yes you can, but then the ariel is out you can't, however you don't need the ariel out to get a signal, but I use it to hold the unit in, I have crafted a piece of sponge behind it so it slots in nicley, (although I do need to do a better long term job). There is ahole at the back left of the cubby hole, I took apart the lead and feed it through there and put it back together, hence it enables me to have power without the lead flying around

3. how is the reception

Never had a issue with the reception is good, has dropped in tunnels, but the system has a backup directional thingy , so its not an issue.

Don't be a fool like me though and get the traffic master as well as you cannot fit the unit in to the cubby with this attached

i have a 54 where the cubby lid lifts up but doesnt retract into the centre console (im sure that happens on some z)

I have an 04 its the same and not an issue

its either that or thde new those om tom one anyone got one of those?

PERFECTO thanks alot

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ive seen those holes at the back of the cubby also , thats a good idea feeding the wire through , is it simple to relocate the from the other side and feed it to the lighter or did you have to take apart the dash?

i got a deal of 220 without traffic master (DEF not getting it after your advice) is that about right

:fool: dont really want to be taking apart the dash last time i tried that on a honda and i did permanent damage :scare: and tbh the honda dash removal was simpler than z one looked

anyways now that i think about it , it would prob be transferred between a few cars so i would appreciate it if captint could tell me (only if he knew ) that the cubby could be closed with the entire lengh of the power cable in the cubby (too many scumbags in saxos)

PERFECTO thanks alot

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ive seen those holes at the back of the cubby also , thats a good idea feeding the wire through , is it simple to relocate the from the other side and feed it to the lighter or did you have to take apart the dash?

i got a deal of 220 without traffic master (DEF not getting it after your advice) is that about right

That sounds like a really good deal, much better that I got it for, use the guide as it took me ages to do the feed

Yay, i got my sat nav , i opted for the navman 750 instead , same dimentions as 720 but has an internal 4gb hard drive with detailed maps of the whole of europe installed as opposed to the 720.

Fits perfectly into the cubby, and ill sort out the hidden power lead soon i can

ONCE AGAIN THANKYOU CAPTINT

on a separate note

was told before i bought it that it had all the speed camera locations available for download, little did i know that i had to pay nav man a subscription -F00k that!!! I want it for FREEEEEEEEEE

A spirited search on the interweb (only about 10 mins) and i found the latest camara database (sept 06) for pretty much every sat nav system all broken own into the various types of camera -SCORE!!