Clutch adjustment

Cheesypuff

If your having clutch problems the quickest fix is normally to bleed the slave cylinder before messing about with the pedal position, You MUST have some free play or else you will not achieve the max clamping force of the clutch, dramatically reducing its life

If your having clutch problems the quickest fix is normally to bleed the slave cylinder before messing about with the pedal position, You MUST have some free play or else you will not achieve the max clamping force of the clutch, dramatically reducing its life

I think thats what i said earlier, i think this is just a question about the peddle travel and position for comfort and feel, some people including me, like to have a fairly direct feel, and in this case a lot of clutch peddles can be adjusted to accommodate a wide range of positions and movement, provided there is still enough travel to fully disengage the clutch, and also not have it partially disengaged, which as said will quickly kill the friction plate.

It is just about getting a comfortable driving position, I think the ratio between my arm and leg length must be weird as if I sit close enough to reach the wheel comfortably I feel like my knees are up around my ears! There's a lot of travel after disengaging the clutch so I think can lower the biting point quite a bit yet and still have enough to properly disengage. I presume the resting/high point of the clutch pedal is automatically lowered by lowering the biting point? Can you tell I don't know what I'm talking about! :lol:

I think thats what i said earlier, i think this is just a question about the peddle travel and position for comfort and feel, some people including me, like to have a fairly direct feel, and in this case a lot of clutch peddles can be adjusted to accommodate a wide range of positions and movement, provided there is still enough travel to fully disengage the clutch, and also not have it partially disengaged, which as said will quickly kill the friction plate.

What I was referring was

I've always thought the z has quite a lot of travel in the clutch pedal and quite a high biting point

This is normally a sign of either a worn clutch or air within the hydraulic system. I personally would check out the mechanical side of it first to ensure that your not covering up a potential problem of either a worn clutch or air within the system.

Thats just my two pennies worth :p

What I was referring was

I've always thought the z has quite a lot of travel in the clutch pedal and quite a high biting point

This is normally a sign of either a worn clutch or air within the hydraulic system. I personally would check out the mechanical side of it first to ensure that your not covering up a potential problem of either a worn clutch or air within the system.

Thats just my two pennies worth :p

I hear what your saying and to be honest I expected someone to say that but of the 5 zeds I have driven (including a brand new one) I found them all pretty much the same which makes me think its just a characteristic of the car.

Its the same peddle mechanism on the 350GT, and i don't have loads of travel, it can be adjusted, to make it more comfortable ;) also if you're having problems getting the right driving position due to steering wheel proximity, you can always use a different wheel and boss, and add a spacer to get the wheel closer to you.