CD changer won't work if driving!

slimjim

Had a search and I can't find anything like this.... (Although I am sure there will be there is lots about it on here somewhere)

Been nearly two weeks... and yes the car DOES sound gorgeous... but I am going to do a few miles in it this week, so I thought I would fill up the in dash 6-CD changer...

Works perfectly when the engine isn't running or it is running but just sat on the drive.

but if she is moving... they either don't play at all ... or play 1-2 seconds followed by a gap of 10-12 seconds.

Gotta be down to the changer not being anti-shake?

Anything I can do about this in a 7 year old car that isn't under warranty?

(Other than buying a new head unit)

Buy a new headunit - the BOSE units are far from capable, with speakers dropping sound, CD's jumping when cold (for most people). Although if it's not reading the disks during your drive, I'd say the unit's knackered.

I've gone for a 7" unit and it has made my day. MP3, DVD, Bluetooth etc etc.... It even shoves out a few more amps than the BOSE unit, so sound is a little better.

The only problem for me is the satnav lady now doesn't speak over the unit. Not that I am bothered as I never used to have her shreaking at me when I made a wrong move anyway.

Get a new headunit. There is a thread somewhere with pictures of other headunits installed in their cars. Have a search for what you are after and get it swapped into the car. You won't regret it.

Short on cash due to the newly purchase-ness of the car unfortunately.

Look good though.

I took a lovely Pioneer out of my old car before I sold it.

Had an iPod connector and you controlled it /viewed it using the head unit.

But as it was single DIN, I eBayed it and put the cash towards the Zed :)

I think I can just about deal with only being about to listen to a V6 for the time being :lol: