My first "spirited" overtake....

slimjim

am i right in thinking you have to manually switch TC off each time you start the car because it automatically sets it to on

each time you start the engine?

yes :thumbs:

i assume this is the spec of the offending rims

Zito Navarro 19" Wheels & Tyres

A set of 4

8.0*19

A set of 4

235/35 19 BCT800

Fittment available -

5/100 ET35

5/112 ET45

5/114 ET40

5/108 ET35

5/110 ET35

Not sure Bud....

Other than asking the previous owner, how can I find out? (No info in the bumpf I got with the car)

take the wheel off, it will be stamped on the inside :thumbs:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may be best off starting all this again when I know the info :lol:

But, on a separate yet related note, the fact that I have to have the spacers, and are STILL not sticking out from the arches, kind of suggests the wheels are not wide enough for the car......?

But, on a separate yet related note, the fact that I have to have the spacers, and are STILL not sticking out from the arches, kind of suggests the wheels are not wide enough for the car......?

its the offset that dictates how much they stick out combined with width, an offset of 40 with a width of 8" is shart

its the offset that dictates how much they stick out combined with width, an offset of 40 with a width of 8" is shart

Exactly... so if I have a spacer (to compensate for the offset) AND they STILL don't fill the arches...

Then they are a VERY "thin" wheel, in comparison to the original ones... yeah?

Exactly... so if I have a spacer (to compensate for the offset) AND they STILL don't fill the arches...

Then they are a VERY "thin" wheel, in comparison to the original ones... yeah?

and the offset is ass, yes.

it seems very common these days of used zeds appearing with ill fitting alloys. It seems the reason for this is the alloy wheel distributors having very little clue of what actually fits the zed. That combined with places like kwikshit not understanding the tyre sizing.

the root cause of it all though is cheap skate owners with no idea what they are doing. gives someone like you something to sort out and make your own though :teeth::teeth:

it seems very common these days of used zeds appearing with ill fitting alloys. It seems the reason for this is the alloy wheel distributors having very little clue of what actually fits the zed. That combined with places like kwikshit not understanding the tyre sizing.

the root cause of it all though is cheap skate owners with no idea what they are doing. gives someone like you something to sort out and make your own though :teeth::teeth:

Yeah... Great thing for me to "sort" ... by spending a load of money :(

Don't have the cash for new alloys at the mo.

But I presume the best/cheapest/safest thing to do in the sort term is to stick some vredestein ultrac sessanta that FIT on the back wheels.

That was I can save up and buy some wheels and tyres that FIT soon. but still be safe(ish) ... yeah?

Yeah... Great thing for me to "sort" ... by spending a load of money :(

Don't have the cash for new alloys at the mo.

But I presume the best/cheapest/safest thing to do in the sort term is to stick some vredestein ultrac sessanta that FIT on the back wheels.

That was I can save up and buy some wheels and tyres that FIT soon. but still be safe(ish) ... yeah?

:thumbs:

make sure they match up with the original rolling radius and i think you will be fine + vreds are good tyres... avons are shocking on the rear, i still have 2 in my shed at home - virtually new...

make sure they match up with the original rolling radius and i think you will be fine + vreds are good tyres... avons are shocking on the rear, i still have 2 in my shed at home - virtually new...

Better than nothing I suppose.

But still pretty :rant: that the car has pants alloys on it.

You could argue they look good... (Not exactly my taste, the colour looks good, but they are a little "bling" for me)

But they are too damn thin! :bangin:

Better than nothing I suppose.

But still pretty :rant: that the car has pants alloys on it.

You could argue they look good... (Not exactly my taste, the colour looks good, but they are a little "bling" for me)

But they are too damn thin! :bangin:

These things happen... but don't worry too much, sell those rims online or somthing and buy a decent set + tyres instead of buying tyres now and then selling off those rims to lose money then buy new rims?

These things happen... but don't worry too much, sell those rims online or somthing and buy a decent set + tyres instead of buying tyres now and then selling off those rims to lose money then buy new rims?

Would be good to sell them Josh... but I don;t have the cash to buy new/seconds hand ones at the moment AND put good rubber on.

I am sure that if I put £400's worth of tires on the back wheels they will be fine till next year when I will be able to afford something.

Plus, I will then I will be able to keep these ones as well and use them for winter and/or track days :)

Would be good to sell them Josh... but I don;t have the cash to buy new/seconds hand ones at the moment AND put good rubber on.

I am sure that if I put £400's worth of tires on the back wheels they will be fine till next year when I will be able to afford something.

Plus, I will then I will be able to keep these ones as well and use them for winter and/or track days :)

Sounds good mate, or you can give them to me for drifting :teeth:

Just go and drive around normally with the TCS off with your current set up.

I bet you that you will feel the car having more bite and feel and nothing untoward will happen.

All this talk of oil etc. is overblown. I've been driving for 30 years, all with sporty RWD cars and never "hit a patch of oil" and come off. This is always used as an excuse when someone gets it wrong and stuffs it in to a ditch. :lol::blush:

I've only ever come off the road once and that was in a 325i (with no TCS) and lost the back end because I was driving too fast round a roundabout. My fault. Not the mysterious "patch of oil".

Captain thanks very much on that. I switched mine off this morning to test it and crashed into a ditch and it exploded in a fireball, taking the ditch with it. :scare:

Actually that's not quite true at all; Z and me still alive. I can't believe how much nicer it feels, whether that is all in my head or not, but it certainly seems to corner slicker. Always thought it was not that smooth on the throttle. I don't have a heavy right foot and try to be smooth. Even if it does get lively, I have managed to catch a Merc E class in the ice and snow last winter countless time, so should be ok with dealing with a bit of oppo :drive1 I'll leave on on in the wet though.

Bradders.