Need some help!

sss107

Hi guys, as above, need some help! Ive got the non bose system and decided to fit my pioneer avh-p3100 at the weekend which did transform the sound. I thought id go further and replace the OEM front speakers with Infinity Ref 6022i's I had in the previous car....now it sounds rubbish! The sound is certainly clearer/crisper but the bass has gone and once the bass is turned up, it sounds terrible! It sounds 'punchy' if that makes sense!

Im not using an amp/sub at the moment and ideally dont want to go down that route. By replacing the speakers for another set, say, JL Audio Components, will this cure the problem? Or could I leave it as is and buy an 'under seat sub' - Anyone with experience with one of these would be great! I would have been better off keeping the OEM speakers (but they are now butchered lol :) )

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Make sure the front speakers that you have the positie and negative around the correct way.

A simple test is to turn on the unit and put the left channel on only and turn it up and then put the balance back to the center and if the bass seems to desappear then they are out of phase.

Otherwise if this does not work then get some better speakers :lol:

Did you rewire the speakers back to the headunit, i'm not sure how the non bose system works but it may have inline crossovers for the woofer and tweeter and you've replaced only the woofer with a coaxial speaker.

Under seat subwoofers are very limited simply due to there size. Ive had/got a couple and heard many others and i was never really happy with the results, i have an alpine SWE-1000 in my Mk1 MR2 which is one of the better ones but it is abit big to go under a seat.

Cheers guys, think ill check ive connected it correctly first then. Ive used the existing speaker cable but ive got some quality cable arriving shortly (should have been here by now!)

+1

check youve got the speakers hoked up right , fresh wire is the best way by miles.

as for base , youve got a huge unused space behind you ! and 8 will fit in there easy and a 10 looks pretty do able if you dont mind it not faceing straight out.

Just wondering about the sub idea, have you gone down this route? I was reading a few posts on here and other 350z forums and no-one seemed to be very happy with the results. A bit rattly etc. If i made a template, could I just bolt an 8" directly to the existing bose plate? Then dynamat everywhere....

Thanks again :thumbs: