HELP. ESP, TC & Hand brake Light on!!!

Woody

Hi All,

My ESP, TC and handbrake light all come on on start up when the car and air is cold?

This happed for the first time the other morning. I started the car around 5.30am, the air temperature was around 7degrees. All three lights came on (but I didnt notice until I had got half way home, which by then the car was warm). I pulled over turned the car off and back again and all three lights were off. I have driven the car (in warmer air temperatures) since and all has been ok.

But I was off to work this morning and the same thing happened, only this time I pulled over when the car was still cold. I turned the engine off and back on again, but the lights would not clear. I continued my way to work with the lights on. When I got to work, the car was warm. I turned the engine on and off again and the lights cleared.

Any ideas? Faulty sensor of some sort?

Thanks in advance

Woody :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

no indicators to the lights for worn brakes. There is a little plate on the pads that when the pads are very worn will catch oin the disc when braking making a loud squealing sound.

Brake fluid level wiil show up a warning light though. May be worth checking your levels.

no indicators to the lights for worn brakes. There is a little plate on the pads that when the pads are very worn will catch oin the disc when braking making a loud squealing sound.

Brake fluid level wiil show up a warning light though. May be worth checking your levels.

The level is on max. My thinking is, that if the break pads were that low then the level of the fluid would also be very low, as the cylinders would have to extend far out to apply the pad to the disk. Causing the error lights? Now that I have put new pads on, the cylinders would not be extending as far, so the fluid level would go back up?

I have been out in the car a fair few times since the new pads were fitted and all the lights have stayed off