Annoying Reverse Parking Sensors

charrold80

Hi all,

My Z has the reverse park sensors. They are working fine but I find them very loud and high pitched and generally quite annoying. Also when it 'flatlines' I'm still over a foot away from whatever is behind me.

My question is;

Can I adjust them so that it won't 'flatline' until I'm much closer to the object behind me?

Or failing that, can I turn the volume down on the system?

Had a little search already and couldn't find anything.

Cheers,

Conor.

Yes, I had this problem. I have an uphill reverse around a bend into my garage and by the time I'm done my ears were bleeding. And that's with a sealed boot divider/tonneau. Very easy to fix though, small piece of electrical tape over the hole in the middle of the speaker/module, cuts the volume by 50%. Being a U.K dealer fit I believe, this module may be located in different places, but should be in the boot somewhere! Mine was stuck on the rear panel, near the spare wheel well iirc. Small black box. :thumbs:

I've read that the sensitivity can be adjusted by the dealer, no idea if this can be diyed though, sorry.

I've been having a search about in the boot. Can't find the thing at all. I've even been taking pics in all the hard to reach places to see if it's there. No joy.

Any chance it's been wired straight into the alarm siren as that's the only thing I can see that makes noise? I've tried selecting reverse and trying to listen to where it is but it's so loud and high pitched that I can't pin it down. And I don't want to go deaf! :scare:

frustrating......

I was convinced that it was coming from the alarm too, it's so loud it makes it difficult to isolate. I only knew for sure when I inadvertantly covered the hole and momentarily muted it, I knew I was on to something then. I'm sure you have looked already, but if you can trace the cables where they come in through the rear it should lead to the module. Bit obvious I know but don't know what else to suggest :shrug:

I've taken a couple of pics of the offending article which may help you i.d it. I'll stick them on shortly.

Ok, here's mine. Clearly yours is elsewhere as you couldn't really miss that! There's plenty of cable on them too, so it could be anywhere unfortunately.

I moved mine slightly to tidy up the cabling, hence the duct tape, which also serves to cover the hole, thereby turning down the noise a touch :yahoo:

You can see the impression in the tape where the hole is, right in the middle of the box. Best of luck.

th_134.jpg

th_135.jpg