Steering vibration

350z999

Hi everyone,

I am having a slight issue with my car. I recently bought 4 new tires (Falkens) but having problems when steering. When I go round a corner it is fine but when I go round a corner that is bumpy the whole steering wheel vibrates it is really odd. It did not used to do this so I am slightly worried. The tires are the correct psi, I am booking it into the garage early next week just wondered if this is going to be a serious dent in the wallet or could it be something small?

Cheers guys B)

Thanks for the rapid reply I hope you are right and it is that! The older tires I had were really worn down like 3 and 4mm so these new ones are a big change so maybe that is why it was not doing it before!

Your just not used to the grip :p anyway worth checking out, better safe than sorry huh

Did you get a 4 wheel laser alignment done?

You just saved me the trouble of asking the exact same question. 4 x new Falkens and when pressing on, around a decent bend, there seems to be more feedback coming through the wheel than usual, also on the motorway i have detected a very minor vibration through the wheel. I did have all my pads done by a Nissan MD a couple of months ago, i would like to think its nothing to do with that! Tyre pressures are ok. Going up on the Four wheel laser next week. Starting with the cheapest solution and hoping to get a hit.

05---- 35k miles

Wheel alignment normally costs chap, I imagine they just did the balancing unless they are really nice to you ;)

May sound silly but check torque on on wheel nuts (and they are all on).

Might also depend how accurate the balance on each of those wheels is. If it's not right it might drive you nuts, or some might not notice at all.

Also, plus + on the torque on the lugs. Did you also check to make sure that all 5 lugs have been put back on each wheel? Stranger things have happened.

If either alignment or lugs not torqued correctly, even marginally off, drives me nuts.