Jumping CD fixed!!!!

cantaffordaGTR

Dear all,

Had to share this one, probably tempting fate and invitng a lot of "D'uh" :dry: comments but .....if it helps one other person....

My CD was jumping about and generally being a pain in the arse. Spoke to a friend who had the same problem, different car and we had the 'it's a known fault with the 350Z' conversation but I thought I'd try his solution anyway.

Am amazed - has completely fixed the problem! :yahoo:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=27775

£13 delivered!

i sounded like a right doomsayer there :sorry:

:)

Don't worry. It's a distinct possibility you'll be proved right eventually ;)

R35 LEE is really really busy at the moment and I think appointments might be as rare as rocking horse poop.

In all seriousness though. I read this forum a lot more than I post and the amount of money people spend seems phenomenal. Given the instant and complete effect it had on my CD player I thought it was worth a £13 punt for those that might not be forking out a grand for the latest Ipod Douche & Earbleederz bass bins. :)

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it is a recurring issue that can be fixed or if it was simply delaying the inevitable death of the Pseudo-Bose.

The cleaning cycle of the CD take about 20 seconds so a couple of minutes and you have done the whole thing. Unfortunately I have to sell the car soon as I have a baby imminent (2 weeks to B day) - so I won't see if it fixes the problem when it is at it's worst (cold weather). I'm assuming the little brushes on the cleaning CD clear the condensation off the lens?

Fingers crossed.

the Pseudo-Bose.

:lol: i like it.

i suppose you could keep cleaning it, if it sorts it for maybe a few weeks, not a bad stop gap. like you say the real test is the winter cold.

yeah i imagine it just wipes the condensation off the lens

• 3 weeks later...