Birdview Update

Paulzx

Managed to find a few threads on this subject but no real definate conclusion..

I know Nurrish does the replacement all singing all dancing unit but for now I would like to keep the birdview

if possible because I only use the sat nav maybe once or twice a year, so it would be handy for me to have it in good

working order if possible.

The car is UK 2005, don't know what version the sat nav is but everything else is still original in the car

so i expect it's as originally purchased.

The birdview does work, but curiously it seems to try and send you the wrong way at certain turns so it's obviously

not working 100% properly.

Can it be updated - without spending a fortune?

and does anyone have a fully working version of this thing?

Cheers

Paul

I've got the Birdview system in my 2004 Zed and have previously enquired about updating it from Nissan ..

Depending on which unit you have, there are only a limited amount of update options ...

For my older Xanavi unit (remote controlled) .. Nissan quoted me somewhere in the region of £300 for the update DVD ... and even then the maps were only the 2006 versions ...

The whole unit would need changing if I wanted current maps ... It's been mentioned many times before but I think it's by far the best option to go for one of Nurrish's systems ..

Might be worth calling Nissan to see what they say though ... :thumbs:

Thanks for the info mate.

So it seems the birdview is pretty useless then if updating it is limited,

is it the same deal with the later cars too? Guessing the 370 must have a different

sat nav altogether?

I'll ask Nissan - whilst being firmly seated with some good smelling salts to hand ;)

No worries mate ...

It's worth finding out for yourself though as I could have just been speaking to an idiot ... LoL

I think the Zeds with the later Sat Nav models, like the post 2006 ones are upgradable to the current maps .. but at an extortionate cost ...