Rays+30mm spacers+25mm lower

bodyboarder

Hi just after anyone who has done this. I was thinking about getting a set of wheels for the zed but at the moment cant justify it as i have just bought new tyres and had the rays done in gloss black. I am running 20mm spacers front and 25mm rear already and have a set of bc coilover to go on. I will be lowering about 10mm at the front and 25mm at the back and would love to have that "fat" stance that 30mm spacers would give, but would i need to have the arches rolled and even after that would that be enough? Also would running 30mm spacers on the rear have any negative effect on the cars suspension or bearings? And last of all where can i get a set of 30mm spacers from?

Thanks for any help :thumbs:

Hi bodyboarder, think we've spoken before regarding the BC's.

I've the same spacer setup as you and about 20-25mm drop all round, the wheels just clear the arch without any rubbing, 30mm spacers would most likely rub if you went 25mm, get them rolled! :thumbs:

I'd say 30mm would be too much. 20mm front, 25mm rear is considered a good option I think. I was running 20mm all round with Rays and was pleased with the way it sat, and that was only with Tein springs so a minimal drop.

Thanks ruddles , yes i quizzed you about your coilovers and now have a set ready to go on! Cant wait! I think i will put the coilovers on and go from there. Any chance of putting up a few more pics of yours ? Have you had the alignment done yet?

We didn't do this with mine, but I'd say drop them all by 10mm before they're even on the car, once bedded in quite well you can go about changing them to what you want. They barely drop at all after the bedding in process :) so gives you plenty to play with!

Just make sure the damping is same all round and that the rear extensions are connected fairly tightly, went 16 clicks on all for mine.

You can twist the strut to lower/higher to your preference, mine will hopefully be finished after work this week along with discs and pads I have to fit :thumbs:

Sounds good! Say i wanted to lower the ride height when they are on how would i know when to stop winding the shock down, or how much pressure they should have on them? Does that make sense? I have a scorpion on the way which will be mated to my motordyne xyz pipe so its all go for me to, hope its not to loud!

Still saving the pennies for my system! :dry:

Quite simply jack the car up, wheels off and get the tape measure out :blush: Best bet is to latch onto a mechanic friend (2 thumb friend if possible :lol: ) and get them to set it all up for you! :thumbs:

Do be careful when jacking the car up as mine will no longer accommodate a trolley jack underneath! :lol: