Central locking and alarm

gregg0001

Hi Guys

I have spent all afternoon trawling through previous posts surrounding issues with central locking etc. However i havent come up with a solution as yet.

Basically i am currently having to enter the car using the lock and key, its hardly the end of the world but it would be far more convenient to use the lock and unlock buttons on the remote to get in. Having checked through previous posts i have changed the battery in the fob and the car battery is pretty much brand new so i know there are no problems there. This afternoon i reprogrammed the remote using the guide and everything went as described until the final step where the lock and unlock buttons should be working but they arent. I attempted this a couple of times to ensure i wasnt being a moron (maybe somebody will be able to tell me that i am!) This has lead me to believe that it must be a fuse? (or at least im hoping that it is)

I still have the function of the button beside the window switches which does do the central locking.

The next problem is the alarm, it doesnt work......however i will be happy to figure this out as and when i get the central locking sorted, but i am hoping that the pair are linked somehow.

If anybody can shed any light on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Gregg