range amplifier

mattbowey

i noticed while tidying the cables behind my centre console that my zed already has a range amplifier thingy, cant remember the range it goes between but i still cant get any usefull signal from any stations and the search functions on the HU cant find anything.

tis a jdm zed and the HU is uk fitted by previous owner, any ideas?

cheers

i noticed while tidying the cables behind my centre console that my zed already has a range amplifier thingy, cant remember the range it goes between but i still cant get any usefull signal from any stations and the search functions on the HU cant find anything.

tis a jdm zed and the HU is uk fitted by previous owner, any ideas?

cheers

You mean band expender I take it? If its a UK bose or Uk head unit you should need the band expander. :thumbs:

yes, band expander thingy, tis a jdm zed with a uk head unit, but still doesnt pick up any signal, well, very little anyway. pretty much have to stick to cd's or aux input

Are you sure its a UK headunit? Does it tune to 106?

Unplug the band expander if your running a UK headunit as it serves no purpose. you will be tuning into weird frequecies then. A band expander doesnt change the freq you see on you HU only on the actual freq. Very basic example is headunit says 89.9 but you are tuned into 94.9.

cheers man,

is def a uk headunit, have the receipt from the previous owner

will take the band expander out and see if i can get anything. if not.... ummmm..... dab head unit me thinks, plus whatever i need for that... £££

cheers man,

is def a uk headunit, have the receipt from the previous owner

will take the band expander out and see if i can get anything. if not.... ummmm..... dab head unit me thinks, plus whatever i need for that... £££

If you are happy with the bose and the fm still isnt working you can get a pure highway which gets dab and sends it to your headunit via FM. :thumbs: