Speedometer suddenly stopped working

Lyger

My Speedometer suddenly stopped working :scare: used the car to get to work speedo fine driving home noticed it wasnt working and the milage counter wouldnt count? No warning lights on or any indication of a fault just no speed? All other clocks seem ok, anyone got any ideas im using my GPS as a speedo at the moment but this wont pass my mot!!! THANKS!!

My Speedometer suddenly stopped working :scare: used the car to get to work speedo fine driving home noticed it wasnt working and the milage counter wouldnt count? No warning lights on or any indication of a fault just no speed? All other clocks seem ok, anyone got any ideas im using my GPS as a speedo at the moment but this wont pass my mot!!! THANKS!!

This happened to me a couple of months ago - mine was more intermittent; working one day and not the next etc - its now working all the time and I think this is due to the warmer weather which leads me to believe it was a loose connection somewhere - but I have no idea where!!! - sorry, not much help - but I would be interested to find out what the problem is!

Ive remembered that in between it working and stopping working AUTOGLASS had been and fixed a chip in my windscreen and they plugged their resin pump into my lighter socket!

Wondering if thats caused the problem Ill check the fuses :bounce:

Managed to fix this fault :yahoo:

After looking through at other posts and checking all the fuses i came across an idea to remove the AC control unit (the white box with three plugs plugged into it) behind the three blower dials , so i unplugged it used some airduster to blow out the plugs and reconnected, went for a lil drive and everything seems fine again :)

Try doing that SunGodRa you might have a loose connection there.!

So a big thank you :clap: to everyone on this forum who'd previous suggested doing this it saved me a headache and a trip to the stealers!!