anti roll links

Zee

hi

A couple of days ago i had the anti roll links replaced on my car at the local Nissan stealers. Now when under breaking it sounds like something is rubbing on the brake disc. Its more noticable at lower speeds with the brake pedal slightly pressed and sometimes its as if something is costanly rubbing on the disc until i re-apply the brakes. Could this be an issue with the work thats been carried out? Would just like a little knowledge before i tackle them!!

TIA

Wether its droplinks or ARBs you had replaced it has nothing to do with your brakes so if there is this noise from braking it will have to do with them not fitting stuff properly. you don't need to take brakes off when doing this job anyway so its :wacko:

Take it back to the stealers or if you are mechanically apt and keen then check it out yourself.

thanks for the advice, yea i took it back, they rekon its the rear pad thats gone completely! They told me to replace all rear pads and disks at 600 quid! why would i need to do this if its just the pad thats gone?!

thanks for the advice, yea i took it back, they rekon its the rear pad thats gone completely! They told me to replace all rear pads and disks at 600 quid! why would i need to do this if its just the pad thats gone?!

That is another example of how bad the nissan mechanics are :scare: if the rear pads +/- discs are worn badly they should have spotted it and adviced you ;)

Anyway, if they said full replacement it means both items are worn beyond the limit ;) Usually if a pad has been worn down to metal for some time it tends to grind down the disc badly.

£600 is for the usual ridiculously overpriced OEM parts and Nissan labour :surrender:

Speak to the traders on here and they can get you good deals on aftermarket replacements that are usually more performant. You can fit these yourself or get it fitted by a trader fitter or local garage. Also check the front axles sametime as you will get a better deal longterm doing all 4 corners :thumbs: